SEEDED OAT BARS
Yields 8-12 servings
3 Tbsp. PureLiving Sprouted Chia Seeds
1/2 C. Shiloh Farms Raw Alfalfa Honey or pure maple syrup
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/4 tsp. Shiloh Farms Himalayan Pink Salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°
2. Butter and line 8″ square pan; set aside
3. Spread oats and seeds evenly on two baking sheets; bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally to assure uniform toasting
4. Remove oat mixture from oven; transfer to medium bowl and set aside
5. Combine honey, butter, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 10 minutes, or until syrup start to thicken
6. Pour hot syrup over oat mixture and stir to combine; quickly spread mixture in prepared pan and pack down evenly
7. Cut into bars; allow to cool completely before separating bars and storing in an air-tight container
1. Try adding dried cranberries, raisins, or even chocolate chips for a little extra sweetness. Just stir in when combining the syrup and oat mixtures and proceed as directed.
2. Prefer things a little nuttier? Substitute an equal portion of pine nuts or sliced almonds for the pumpkin or sunflower seeds.