Makes about 5 cups
Muesli is a great thing to have on hand for an easy breakfast or quick snack: add a little sweetener and serve with milk, or sprinkle over yogurt, fruit, or even ice cream! We’ve listed our favorite combination here, but muesli is endlessly customizable. While we recommend maintaining the ratios outlined below, feel free to mix and match your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruits.
3 C. PureLiving Organic Sprouted Rolled Oats
3/4 C. Shiloh Farms Organic American Native Pecans, roughly chopped
3/4 C. Shiloh Farms Organic Dried Cranberries
1/2 C. PureLiving Organic Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
3 Tbsp. PureLiving Organic Sprouted Chia Seeds
1. Mix ingredients in large bowl until thoroughly combined.
2. Store in air-tight glass container until ready to use.
1. Measure out about 1/2 C. muesli. Sweeten to taste with sweetener of choice (for the combination above, we recommend 1-2 tsp. Shiloh Farms Organic Maple Sugar). Add about 1/2 C. milk or nut-milk and allow to sit 5-10 minutes, or until oats have absorbed the liquid and softened.
2. Serve muesli with plain greek yogurt and fresh fruit for a protein-packed breakfast or snack.
3. Sprinkle over salads or even roasted root vegetables (such as sweet potatoes, carrots, and butternut squash).
4. Making oatmeal cookies? Substitute some of the rolled oats with your muesli mix. Or try adding some muesli to quickbread or pancake batters for extra flavor and texture.
1. Try substituting about 1/2 C. of the Sprouted Rolled Oats with an equivalent amount of another cereal, such as Shiloh Farms Organic Kamut® Flakes or Shiloh Farms Organic Rye Flakes.
2. Add even more crunch, by substituting about 1/4 C. of the Sprouted Rolled Oats with an equivalent amount of PureLiving Organic Sprouted Buckwheat. For added flavor, toast the buckwheat in a dry pan over medium heat before adding to the mix.
3. Toasted and roughly chopped almonds, pistachios, or cashews can be easily substituted for the pecans. Mix in your favorite seeds and dried fruits (how about Shiloh Farms Organic Wild Blueberries or chopped Black Mission Figs?) to suit your taste.
4. Are you a choc-aholic? Use a combination of toasted and chopped hazelnuts, cherries, and Shiloh Farms Allergen Free Mini Dark Chocolate Chips!
5. Go a little savory: swap in toasted pine nuts, chopped California Apricots, and sunflower seeds, then add 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary.